Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Some days are for living. Others are for getting through." ~ Malcolm S Forbes

Today are you are going to get the short jist of it and that is it... I suppose I won't be able to help ranting a little and you will find out why in a few pictures.

In the mean time here is what I made yesterday... which was a regular Monday... difficult. Then I went to evening class, cursed too loudly unknowingly because I had my ipod in and then the gym.  In general a relatively productive day for a Monday I would say.

 This one below is really nice but I accidentally broke it today... good job me.
 And then Vegard drew this very pretty shape on the floor with straight shoulders and a nice neck.  We struggled all afternoon and I finally made this pink monster-piece....
 "They're creepy and they're kooky,
 Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky..." (The Addams fammmm-i-ly    of glass!)

Today I had a nice morning of yoga.  It was a beautiful walk to school and a nice session.  Yesterday I had complained to Vegard about pain my fore-arms and wrists and I could tell he had said something to Sigrid because today she did some movements to help circulation and joint usage which was really nice.  They even worked (!!) my arms felt much better today!!!
 And as you can see, Fall is in the air...
 Today we worked more on this shape that Vegard drew yesterday.  It was INSANELY difficult.  Also, I was be pms-y and in general not in the best mood.  Needless to say, today was probably one of my worst days in the whole time I have been here.... This shape was hard, nothing worked, my teacher kept criticizing EVERYTHING and I had cramps... not a pretty combination...
Right before lunch I got really close to the right shape but as Vegard said I couldn't look more fed-up with the whole thing.  I was ready to explode on Marianne and pretty much ready to kill someone with my glass.  When she made me redo my punty today I wanted to scream but I held it together.  I guess not as well as I thought I had because it was obvious to my teachers and Vegard that I was having a really hard time.  I don't know what it was but it was horrible.  After lunch Micke tried to cheer me up and that helped some, well a lot but it was still a bit rough.  I made a fairly good vase, in a pretty good shape and that helped also.  I finished the day with a plate.. not my best plate but not my worst... but it helped.  I finished with something I could do!

After school we had our second day of evening class, I decided I was not in the mood.  I had manged to keep it together all day... no crying or freaking out but I didn't know if I could make it through deep cutting.  So, instead I cut up some canes that Kirsten left me last year.  First they were super long sticks of color inside clear glass like this: 
 Then I cut them with this device.  You put one end against the right part, and then hit it with a sharp knife on the left part which is also a sharp edge.  This makes them all the same size and break pretty straight!  Very nifty and a little therapeutic, getting to break some glass after my day...
 Anyway, I cut up all the above long canes, organized them and put this in this great box I found! It looks so nice and tidy!!! 
 Here are some random pieces that didn't match in color to others but you can see the colored glass in the center in the clear glass.  You line them all up and then put them together, hot and make a cool piece! 
So, tomorrow will hopefully be awesome and colorful!!! I am excited and hopefully I won't suck it up!!!  I am going to go back to drinking my wine and watching pointless TV to get in a better mood.  I am sure tomorrow will be better, most of the students have the day off so it will be nice and relaxing and chill tomorrow in the school! Now, I am going to bed for a nice looooong night of school before "hump day"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment