Thursday, September 15, 2011

"In life as a dance; grace glides on blistered feet." ~ Abigail Van Buren

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday... I was knackered (tired) due to a long day and my first riding lesson since I've been back.  But, more about that later!

Here are some of the pieces that I made Wednesday... A day when not much was going my way in the glass department... which is a pretty big department of my life here.
 These were blown in an optic mold to give them the stripes then I tried to make them into snow men without their heads essentially.  Kind of lame... it looked better in my head.  But! It was fun to make and I was pleased that something turned out after a few days of crap!

Yesterday, Wednesday, was all day in the cold shop! I finally finished my engraving of Justin (officially Just Outta Reach)!  I think it turned out pretty good, really hard to photograph unfortunately.  But you can even tell he has a blaze on his face!! 
 And a round rump and big shoulders...
 And, in general a pretty handsome horse I would say!
 I thought he looked kind of like he was floating in space and thought about writing his name underneath but then I didn't want to mess it up after all that work so I left it the way it is!
 I engraved a heart into a piece of graphite to try to make the heart necklace and this is the relief:
 But it turned out a little weird and may not work in the long run :( I am supposed to be doing more research for good heart necklace ideas right now... oops!

I also finally finished this crystal bowl I have been working on! It is square but the sides come up in a sort of twist making it VERY tricky to cut into!  But I like the final look I think.  
 Now it is waiting for its acid bath to make it all shiny!!

After school I went to the barn.  It is my first time riding in almost a month! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to start with dressage but sadly I did! 
 The good thing was that I got to ride Poseidon who is probably the best dressage horse I get to ride.  He seemed happy to see me, or maybe it was the pear I was holding...
After an hour long lesson my teacher laughed at me and said "you are not going to be able to sit tomorrow" and I replied with "or stand!"  She said she could tell I hadn't properly sat on a horse all summer... apparently American riders don't sit properly... we hoover.  I like to hoover... I currently am nursing blisters on the inside of my thighs due to sitting.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I took off my pants and pulled off skin with them! I don't know how I am going to be able to do this again on Friday! I asked her if that lesson would also be dressage and she said it is supposed to be but maybe she can change it! I hope so or I may be dead come Saturday!

 It was nice though to be back, back with the fat cats (like below) and the horses and the hard work!
This morning I had another morning session of yoga with Sigrid and I was much stiffer then two days before!  I can feel I am getting more sore as the day goes on... But today it went much better with the blowing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment