Monday, February 21, 2011

"Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!" ~ Jillian Michaels

So, remember on Friday how excited I was about making my first free hand wine glass which I even opened in the glory hole?!?!? Well... Here it is:
 Looks pretty good huh?  Bet you didn't even notice that it doesn't have a stem or foot?!?
It is what we call a new fancy stemless wineglass.  They are all the rage right now... 

UHG!!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED! Apparently I let it get too cold when I put it in the annealer and the stem broke off! WTF!!!

So, today I worked all the day in the factory with Vegard, in the morning we practiced wineglasses free hand again.  We got our third different approach to making them shown to us today.  So far we have had Ake's, Micke's and now Marianne's way to make a nice thin wine glass.  I think I like Marianne's best, it feels most in control and not as likely to end up crooked... but we will have to see how they look tomorrow.  I saved a bunch and the annealer was packed with wineglasses at the end of the morning :)

In the afternoon we decided to work on something else, we played with color, made a strange shape that Vegard had dreamt up.  It mostly involved Micke showing us how to make it like 3 times... but that was good.  We were pretty tired by the afternoon.  We worked all day with no breaks except 30 minutes at lunch!  Bad-ass = us.

I also talked to Rebecca about this cool idea I have for a Tiffany style creation.  It is hard to explain but will be super cool if I can figure out how to do it!  I am going in early tomorrow to talk to Tove about it also and hopefully set up a time when I should have lots of teacher attention to make it! I have made a cardboard example and now just have to make it out of glass... sounds easy right?

So, this week will be a weird week as far as the gym goes... no one is here who goes to the gym really.  So, I have decided at the last second to try Jillian Michaels' work out.  I downloaded her 30 day Shred video... you, I mean I, have to do this super intense workout every day for 30 days BUT it is only about 20-something minutes! We will see how it goes, I am not sure if I can do it everyday for 30 days... but I will try!  I was thinking maybe I couldn't do it when I rode that day but then I remembered that Parker (from VA) used to work out and ride and run a million miles all the time, sometimes on the same days so I should buck up and do it!   Also, Jillian kind of reminds me of Parker with the long brown hair, being super in shape and take no nonsense style.  Except Parker doesn't look so scary as Jillian does in the below picture...
Note: I am not doing this to lose 20 lbs in 30 days... just for the exercise and to see if I can.  I did the first workout today and was panting and sweating at the end... I am not super sore, yet. I need to find some 3 lbs free weights... which I am not going to buy.  I was thinking maybe I could get some little soda bottles and fill them with sand or something... any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should order that video for the opposite reason! I would like to lose weight, maybe not 20. I'll be interested to see how you like it. It might give me a heartattack!!

    Just catching up, I love reading your posts!! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete