Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Only cops and vampires have to have an invitation to enter." ~ Christopher Moore

OK, I will be the first to admit that I have jumped on the vampire bandwagon... but I am not a Twilight-er... I like my vampires to have a little more substance and scandal... and no sparkling!  Also, I have a few more months before True Blood comes on again and Anne Rice isn't spitting out any more books on the subject. But, this is kind of embarrassing, I have recently become addicted to Vampire Diaries... the CW show... yes, with high schoolers and super bad one liners and lost of furrowed brows and dealing with situations way out of their maturity levels... I can't help it.  I like it! I am nearly done with the first season and CANNOT stop watching it! I think I may need an intervention! Look at these guys (mmmm dark hair and light eyes):
 
aaaaand... I am sucker for absurd, historically inaccurate flashbacks to the 1800's... I am a dork!  It also makes me want to grow my hair out super long like the main girl character... we will see about that I suppose.

In other news... MORE WINEGLASSES! But I have also been working on cognac glasses... much more fun and much more difficult... funny how those go together so much!  I have been working with Vegard and we decided to spice things up a bit by making BIG glasses, which aren't already pointy and harder to center the stem and make the cup part.  I saved a few and hope to be able to see them tomorrow! Nothing new to show today.  It is hard to save too many of the crappy ones, now that I have been doing this for a while I have standards! Haha, no, they are just not finally able to stand on their own and not be lop sided.  

Also, one of the things I liked about the stems, the fact that you just used regular tools and nothing fancy or complicated... well that all changed.  The teachers broke out this weird took where you squeeze the stem out with out having to shape it yourself.  That didn't make much sense, I didn't like it too much and thought it was kind of pointless, so I don't really have a whole lot more to say about.  Maja really liked it, but as she says shes a tool person... I am more a simplistic person.  
 that is the new fancy tool with the red on the handle.  It is weird... and I can't explain it all really... sorry.
 But! Look how full and fun my bench is getting! Lots of stuff for wine glasses!  Can't wait to see the cognac glasses tomorrow!

PS: Sorry for not posting last night... was too hooked on the Vampire Diaries... I told you, I have a problem! But I have now finished all of Season 1 and will not start 2 for a few days I promise... maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment