Sunday, February 13, 2011

“A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul: a sick body is a prison” ~ Sir Francis Bacon

This weekend has been a little bit of a bust.  I woke up in the middle of the night Thursday night with the stomach flu and a bit of a fever.  Yuck!  I spent the day at home on Friday and was able to keep food down by Friday evening, thank god.  Rosanne was SUPER sweet and came over Friday evening to make me chicken soup!  It was a little bit of a crazy chicken soup, she combined ramen noodles, a pack of instant soup and a TON of curry and garlic and some pre-cooked chicken.  It was really good but kind of odd.  I have eaten it all actually :)  By Saturday I was going stir crazy and had slept for an incredibly long time.  I went for a short walk around the block, made slightly gross baked beans and watched The Vampire Diaries.  I missed Sam tons, he was always really good at watching tv with me and keeping me entertained even when I was bored out of my mind.  He would make me drink lots of liquids, eat food and give me lots of hugs.  He talked to me a lot on the computer this time which helped, but it is not the same.  While I was out I saw these two cuties up a tree in my front yard:
 This is Jukke's cat Roponen on the bottom and higher up is a cream colored cat.
 Which refused to come down for some reason.
But, Roponen was very happy to be pat and meowed loudly for attention :)  Nothing like a super furry cat in the fresh snow!

Saturday night Rosanne came over and we cooked a frozen pizza and drank some wine in the kitchen.  We hungout with Saara for a while and actually had a good time.  She participated in the conversation for once instead of just starring at Rosanne and I.  Then after a while Bjorn showed up and chatted for a while.  We never left the kitchen and I was still in my pajamas and we managed to have a good night :)  

Today I watched that movie Valentines Day to get in the Valentine mood.  Here in Sweden there isn't much of a Valentines mood.  There are, maybe, 3 cards next to the cash register at the grocery and THAT IS IT! It is really weird.  I guess I was expecting the whole, no Thanksgiving thing but this has caught me a little more by surprise.  I go between being excited for V-day, I have a wonderful boyfriend and am very happy, and slightly sad, my wonderful boyfriend is on the other side of the world.  It is weird.  He did send me a card which I got in the mail on Saturday... but don't worry I won't open until Monday!
Sam's Mom also sent me a card! The smaller pink one!
I sent one to Sam also, hopefully it will arrive on Monday! Fingers crossed!

Anyway, to get you all in the V-day mood here is the PostSecret video for V-day:

No comments:

Post a Comment