Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure." ~ Irving Wallace

It's nearly my BIRTHDAY! So, I will share with you my birthday presents thus far (they are grrrreat):
 From Jennifer (older sister) I got last week some more Toe Warmers, a card and these awesome earrings:
 Hahaha I love them! I wore them to my party on Saturday!  Speaking of party, here are those presents which I didn't already eat:
So, then there were also brownies and a giant gummy bear from Rosanne, cookies from Annina, cookie things from Bjorna and Jonatan, and some Nutella from Fredrick!

 And, yesterday I received a package from Valerie, one of my best friends who lives in Colorado:
 Martini card, THIN MINTS and a hilarious tee-shirt!  The pink card is from Sam's mom which arrived on the same day.  It was super sweet of her to send a card all the way here for me!  
 Yes, that is a mustache next to the neck of the shirt...
It has directions in the back!
"Pull shirt collar over mouth during all mischief, capers, funny business. shenanigans, tomfoolery and waggery."
I can't wait to wear it!!! 

Also, as a gift to myself (which has slowly become a tradition) I am going to Lynchburg to see Sam for a few days! Surprised?!?! I think he was too!  
I leave this afternoon to take the train to Copenhagen where I will spend the night with Martin at his friend's who has an extra room.  We don't know what we will do yet, maybe go out, maybe take it easy... depends on what we are in the mood for.  

Tomorrow at 12:20 I will board my plane to the US of A!!! I will land in Washington DC around 4:15 then zip down to Lynchburg hopefully in time for dinner on my actual birthday with my boyfriend!!! How great is that?!?! I am so excited I can't stand it and I had originally planned to try to surprise Sam but because I couldn't help but hint around at an "upcoming surprise" and he is very clever he now knows.  But, I think that the looking forward to something, the anticipation of a great thing is half the fun!

I am rockin' and rollin' with just my purse and camping bag full of glass and clothes so hopefully everything will go smoothly!  On the way back on Monday I will spend a few hours in New York City with my two very good friends there, Jenny and Brooke!  I feel very metropolitan being in all these cities and jetting from here to there... I should get something that makes me look as cool as I feel... like a super long cigarette holder like in Breakfast at Tiffany's!! Haha, except I don't smoke... details, details.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe i'm so glad you got the present in time! I can't wait to see a photo of you with a tee-shirt mustache :) Have fun and you better call me when you are back in the states!

    ReplyDelete