Friday, March 4, 2011

"That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's! " ~ Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany's

And here are a few more wonderful Breakfast at Tiffany's quotes that I couldn't resist:


Holly Golightly: Thursday! It can't be! It's too gruesome! 
Paul Varjak: What's so gruesome about Thursday? 
Holly Golightly: Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.

-------------

Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds? 
Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues? 
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? 
Paul Varjak: Sure. 
Holly Golightly: Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!


As you might have guessed this means I have FINISHED my Tiffany style piece!!! HOORAY!!! And, it looks great if I may say so, and I can say so, so I will say it again: It looks great! I am very pleased :)
 close ups!
 I had to make sure I got its good side ;) which is every side! haha
 It should hang in a window like this:

 And then I took it outside to see it with the sun coming through it.  The sun wasn't that bright but I think it looks really cool!!!
 Here it is with its cardboard prototype.  It is amazing how much better it looks and cooler! It turned out more interesting then I thought it would, honestly!
And, in other good cold shop news:
I FINISHED MY DIAMOND PIECE!!!
 Its all nice and shiny!
 And pointy!
 And a little crooked looking... but its not in real life I promise.
AND FINALLY DONE!!! HOOOORAY!  This also inspired the Breakfast at Tiffany's quotes... when you think diamonds you think Tiffanys right?  OK, maybe thats just me.  I also think of the Sweet Briar quote from school : Diamonds are pretty and so are pearls but nothing compares to Sweet Briar girls!

In the hotshop today Vegard and I worked some more on blowing cups free hand and then on wineglasses again.  We are trying to do wineglasses where you blow the cup free hand and then still have enough glass on the bottom of it to pull a stem out! Very tricky!  We are in a bit of a transition stage... we can make a lot of things, some nice but most kind of crappy feeling.  Its like our eyes are too big for our stomaches... but I guess that is a good problem... soon our stomaches or in this case our hands will catch up right?  But a little bit frustrating right now.

Anyway, here are the glasses I made yesterday:
 They are not very big, but maybe they could be used for schnapps? Haha, who knows... but look how thin they are!!

After school today I went to my late night riding lesson!  I got to ride Lady again, she is so grumpy but lots of fun once she gets going, we had a very good day.  Today Pia told me that I ride very well and she can tell that I have been jumping a lot because I think while I ride!  I thought that was a great compliment!  We did this super confusing course which consisted of 6 jumps but we jumped each one twice, once in each direction so it was really hard to remember where to go!  I try to remember to write down my courses for one day when I need some inspiration for something to do in a little space.  She also asked me about if I am interested in riding in some real competitions this spring with the riding club.  But, I have to have a license!  I have to pass some sort of online test and get my instructor to sign something... We are not too sure what to do about the fact that I will not be able to understand the Swedish test... maybe I can ride like the young children do who have their parents or some sort of mentor have the license and they are just supervised by this person.  We are going to look into it.  I hope it works out! 

Now I am off to bed to crash! It is so hard to wake up early on Fridays! I wish we had to wake up early on Wednesdays or something... but Fridays is almost as bad as waking up early on Mondays!  Oh well, hot shop in the factory all day tomorrow! I am going to try to convince one of the teachers to show me how to make cane (long strips of color you use to make stripes or all sorts of patterns)!  We will see how lucky I am and then the barn again!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, it is finished!!!!
    What did you name it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm i LOVE the Tiffany's. and I want one. Birthday present? :) can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful work! And i love Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great things you've made! How much are they?
    Eva

    ReplyDelete