Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Begin - to begin is half the work, let half still remain; again begin this, and thou wilt have finished." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Well, as much as I know you all wanted to see the completed Tiffany piece it is not quite done... ALMOST but not yet!  Tomorrow I will finish it for good!!!  Here it is so far:
 It is going to hang by that copper coil you can see sticking right towards you.  Maybe in a window and look really pretty and shiny!
 So, tomorrow I have to clean it really well (mostly on the inside) then seal it up with the 2 remaining triangles and 5 remaining "fins"! Looks pretty cool so far though right?!?  I am excited!

Yesterday Rosanne and I worked on square bottles, which were kind of boring, so I made some round ones also and here they all are:
 Did you notice I found my match book?
 I like to think of these are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum... or just Dum Dum works too.
 And one lonely square bottle on the other end... poor lonely square bottle!
 So nice and round and fat! haha, bottles and cats should always be fat I think.

After school today I endured my second day of gym and 30 Day Shred! Oh god!  I did first The Shred, I knew I would be too lazy to do it afterwards.  Then to the gym!  Rosanne and I did a class called Bas which is a little less impact then Medel which is what I normally do.  It was good and very hard if you pushed yourself to do the exercises to their fullest potential.   I think today I have done ONE MILLION push-ups!  OK, maybe not a million but a lot with both workouts! I think I might be sore tomorrow and I think tomorrow I start on level 2 of The Shred! Eep!

So, to celebrate making it through 10 days of The Shred I cooked myself a very healthy dinner.  Ok, not so healthy but very tasty!! I made Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole from The Pioneer Woman's recipe.  But, it turns out that I think I am unable to exactly follow recipes unless they are from Sam or my Mom (though hers are never exact really), instead I just sort of wing it adding what seems right and going with it.  I am not sure if this is a good idea but so far it seems to have worked, also I do a lot of substitutions like soymilk for regular milk and etc.  Maybe I have absorbed some cooking knowledge by osmosis from Sam?  But this was damn good! Very creamy and wholesome tasting!  I think it will be even better tomorrow! 
I had a nice fresh garden greens salad with it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing and since the recipe called for a nice dry white wine I got a Riesling, though this one was pretty sweet, (a personal favorite of mine and Mamma's) and enjoyed some wine with dinner.  The wine also went well with a slice of the chocolate cake from yesterday which I had for dessert!! 

PS: Did you notice how in the picture you can see the delicious steam coming off my food?  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Wow the cooking looks good, I am on my way over...
    or wishing I was!!
    You are right, I can not wait to see the finished Tiffany piece. What will you call it??
    Proudly your mamma

    ReplyDelete