Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekends don't pay as well as weekdays but at least there's football. ~ S.A. Sachs

I last left you when I was about to go to Madison Heights and pick Sam up from setting up for their gig that night.  I sat around for a while waiting (the life a rock star's girlfriend is full of waiting at bars) and we went back to his parents for a quick dinner then back to the bar for a night of ROCKIN'!!

Sam's buddy's band played first called The Last Armintrout, they were really good, but really loud!  After about an hour Bad Circus (Sam's band) took the stage and the place started "bumpin."
Here is one of the first songs they did I think. 
 The light show at this bar is always out of control!
 A recent (to me) addition is the fog machine though! Pretty cool.  You can see Sam in the back right, next to the black light.
 Then the buddy from the previous band, Kellogg, got on stage and rocked out a "Whippin' Post" and people went wild!
 See?!?  Haha.  It was a really good time and I think everyone had fun.  It was so nice to see Sam play again, I have missed it while in Sweden and it was great to see the other guy's families too!  Afterward we went to a friend's house in Lynchburg, stayed up too late and then crashed in his little girl's room (don't worry she wasn't there).  But I did have to borrow some clothes from Sam and his friend (jeans and sweater) to ride the next morning.  I looked like a goofy mini Sam!  It was pretty adorable too when I came back from riding to pick him up and he was all curled up in that pink bed with purple walls!  I don't know why but it was really cute.

Saturday night we went out with some of our close friends to see The Last Armintrout again at a place called Rivermont Pizza.  They have really good pizza and often good music.  Luckily the band was AS loud as the night before, but still pretty loud.  Sam and I split this pizza with another guy:
 Its called the Virginian, it has Virginia Ham (salty ham), apple slices, cheddar cheese and red sauce!  It was amazing! Who would have thought to put cheddar on a pizza?!?!? A genius!
The evening turned into a sort of high school reunion for Sam and Chris which was weird for Courtney and I who are not from here.  I hung out with this nice guy who was the husband of a local girl and also didn't know anyone.  It was a good time, but I was exhausted by the end of the night!  

But we did convince everyone to go to the T-Room!!!! It is a local greasy-spoon joint that everyone in Lynchburg knows about.  I haven't been for years and really wanted to go before I went back to Sweden.  There isn't anything like this place in Sweden that I have found yet.  We got the traditional meal of a "bowl all the way": 
 and a "cheesy all the way":
 The bowl is chili with cheese, onion and some yellow relish... wonderful!  The cheesy is a cheesy western (hamburger with cheese and a fried egg) with yellow relish and onions on it.  There is nothing like it and you have to know what you are doing when you go there to order.  It is a cultural experiance!  I was looking over the menu where they also list things like a "funny"  which is a hotdog with no dog, spagetti (from a can) and other random things.  They same two woman have worked there for forever and they don't put up with any crap!  Often they get late night drunks in there, drinking buttermilk with their westerns and bitchin' but these ladies will put them in their place!  Sam and Chris won them over and even got permission to use the employee bathroom, I was a little concerned that it was like the beginning of a horror film... partying young people go to sketchy dinner late at night, go to the bathroom and are NEVER SEEN AGAIN... some say they are served up in the next week's cheesies and bowls! bum bum buuuuuuuuum! haha luckily it wasn't!

Sunday was another day filled with football at the Addison house and delicious Mr. Addison beef stew.  I love this stew, its got rutabagas in it!  I was supposed to go back to NC today but it is getting slammed with snow right now and I thought I would wait another day to see how the roads look.  But I thought I would leave you all with this: 
I have no idea how old Sam is in this picture but it cracks me up and is adorable all at the same time.  That is one of the fun things about staying with Sam's parents they have so many pictures of the kids when they are young all over the house.  I am having a blast staying with Sam and am really not looking forward to leaving him again for a very long time to go back to Sweden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment