Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping." ~ Bo Derek

So, here is the plate that I had some pictures of me making on Friday! I am pleased with it, and I really like the colors!
 I will grind away the tiny foot at the bottom, it is left over from the punty.  It is a little heavy but it is big so I guess that is OK in the long run.
 Monday I worked with Martin doing more encalmo.  He has a memory problem so we kept having to write the steps on the floor.  Needless to say the floor was covered in English, Danish and weird scribbled drawings.  But, I thought this was actually a good and descriptive drawing of what we are doing when we assemble more then two colors!
 I am not really going to try to explain it to you, sorry, but it would take a long time.  So, with Martin I made this bowl.. which is magically made with the SAME color of blue!  Damn it!
 I tried to make another one, and I think Martin did too but it was too hard with the lack of memory and having new partners.  
 This one, the only one of the day, was dropped on the floor, re-puntied, cut crooked twice, and then at the last minute had a clear layer added to it... but, it did end up a bowl... more or less.
The other attempts didn't even make it to annealer... they went straight to the trash!

 Today, Tuesday we went to Essemce (pronounced S-M-Z) the glass supply store!
 In a cute little building with a storage building next to it.
 They had everything!   Here are just a few examples of their cutting edge tools!

OK, this was just sitting in a corner but it is an old engraving tool Vegard says... I don't know how it works but who doesn't love old tools?
 These are some in another corner.  The two on either end are used to hold a cup from the inside after it has been opened.  The one, second from the right, is for making bottle necks, and the others are shears.
 And here are the fancy, new ones! These are all Carla Donna tools from Italy... shiny and nice.
 These are some random jacks that look like they were made for Darth Vader... black and inspired by his helmet I think.
 These are the super new ones, they didn't even have them in the store and they are super expensive, but super pretty!
 They also had loads of colors!
 All labeled and organized... so pretty.  I had expected more but still pretty fun!
 They come in bars of solid color like above or powder color like below!
 They also had all sorts of things you could need... like gathering balls in tiny...
 AND HUGE!
 Pipes in all sizes... tiny and HUGE again!
They had foot tools, protection sleeves and gloves, engraving tools, cutting wheels, pipe turners, grinding papers and more that I can't even think of! It was amazing and a bit intimidating haha.

Afterwards I worked some with Sigrid blowing in some molds.  Then went to evening class where I think I am giving up on the bamboo plate, I am not sure, I will have to look at it again tomorrow.  Then a super hard spin class! And finally home, sweet home.

ANDDDDDDDD!

AND!!!!!

Most exciting news of the day.... My Dad is coming to visit me in about two weeks!!!!  I can't wait to show him everything here!!!!  Also, Rosanne is coming this weekend!  I love visitors!!! :-D

1 comment:

  1. you must feel like a kid in a candy store in that place--- give me money- that's what I want...

    ReplyDelete