Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance." ~Japanese Proverb

So, I was looking for dancing quotes for the title of this page and found this one:

Do you think dyslexic people have difficulty dancing to "Y.M.C.A."?  ~Dave Sokolowski

Does everyone else laugh too or is it slightly cruel?  I am dying laughing about it!  But, I am bit dark and sometimes a bit mean.  I just get these funny images of people dancing the YMCA at a wedding and someone just keeps doing the wrong letters right up front and center... potentially the groom! hahahaha oh god I need to let this one go, I am worried no one else will find it as hilarious as me.

Annnnd, moving on to today!

It was back to blowing in molds... big surprise.  BUT! The good news it went much better today. I cranked out a ton of nice thick bowls for deep cutting and worked all morning.  Well, until I was exhausted which was about 15 minutes before lunch.  

The interesting thing about the morning was that the Art Glass Students, aka 3rd years to me, habits die hard, were present in the hot shop! There are 15 of them this year which is a lot and it appears to be mostly girls.  It will be nice to have more girls in the shop, unless they suck I suppose, but I have high hopes.  Three of them sat behind me at the glory hole and I guess they were excited to be back because they kept talking in super annoying high pitched voices saying "verrrry good" "sooooo pretty" "you're grrrreat!" and I wanted to jab an end of the jacks in their eyes.  Someone referred to them as The Heathers from that hilarious 80's movie with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater.  Which of course made me start remembering really absurd lines from the movie which have way too much cursing to include here.  Anyway, at the end of the day I heard one of the Heathers speak in their normal voice and they almost sounded like a man! Nothing like the obnoxious kid's entertainer voice I had heard most of the day!  Sadly they don't have redic 80's hair, oh well.  It will be interesting to see that dynamic play out... luckily they are not in my class so I get to watch from afar! 

After lunch we worked on wineglasses.  First with a glory hole on the side of the hot shop with the crap glass and all the beginners.  It didn't go so well if you didn't see that coming.  We had to stand in a line to gather, the glass was weird and green and it was a bit stressful trying to avoid crashing into the new students.  The newest students always have this habit of gathering then standing just two steps from the furnace and staying there... completely in the way :P not very helpful.  So, Vegard and I moved back to the Art Glass side and made a few glasses with a mold instead of glory hole.  We were very tired so it was slow going but we made a few.  

Here is a picture of some of the stuff from yesterday... which honestly looks very similar to all the days before, sorry there isn't more variety yet.

 Piles of glass! You can see some yucky green glass on the left part of the shelf barely.
 I made a zillion of these big cup things.
And maybe 1681691681+98 of these bowls.

After school I went to the gym and took an Afro Dance class! That's what inspired the title quote if you had forgotten it.  It was a bit insane and silly but fun.  I enjoy dancing to the drum solos at concerts so it was kind of fun to dance to some drums at the gym.  There were some other people from school trying the gym.  This week we have free trying times where it is free for people.  I think I will go back, I am not sure but I think so, its fun and I kind of want to dance again soon.  I have a work out video with dancing so maybe I will do that.  I kind of felt like an idiot but I realized I didn't look any more idiotic then everyone else... so the quote about being fools either way really made some sense today!

Tomorrow I am going to Core Spin with Sigrid, which I am a bit nervous about it.  The class is totally going to kick my ass, but the good thing it that it is half core work and half spin (insane intense stationary bikes), not totally both.  But its over an hour long and I am worried I might just fall off my bike and Sigrid will have to scoop me up in a bucket to take me back to Orrefors!  So, please keep me in your thoughts tomorrow and send strong, enduring thoughts my way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment